Aluminum Signs Give You the Option
to Create the Perfect Image or Message!
(Design it Yourself, Upload an File or Get Designs for FREE)
The rock hard, durable and professional finish of aluminum makes this metal the world's most versatile sign material.
Your new signs can be readily produced in:
- Whatever Size you need (from small to XLARGE)
- Whatever Thickness fits your project (we will help you decide)
- Whatever Shape you want (only your imagination is the limit)
- Any Color under the rainbow (including PMS colors)
- Whatever Look or Style fits your business (we specialize in corporate branding)
- Wide selection of Finishes (some you might not even know about)
- And in any Quantity (even if it's just one!)
You never have to settle for mass produced sizes or designs again because your new signage can now be quickly made to match the exact style and look you want!
If you're anxious to get started, you can start right now...
Custom Aluminum Metal Signs
Custom aluminum signs are strong, light-weight and among the most durable of all sign materials. Even with the steady price increases world wide in the raw cost of aluminum, this sign material is still quite cost effective and remains in high demand for its unbeatable qualities.
Custom aluminum metal signs have a perfectly smooth finish and project a first class image. Plus, a custom aluminum sign can never rot or deteriorate like a standard wooden sign.
Here are the key points to know about custom aluminum signs:
- Rigid yet flexible
- Rustproof, waterproof and chemically resistant
- Perfectly smooth
- Will last for decades indoors
- Rated to last up to 3 years outdoors with
uncoated Economy Grade Aluminum
- Rated to last up to 5 years outdoors with
coated Standard Grade Aluminum
- Rated to last 6-8 years outdoors with coated
Premium Grade Aluminum
- Easy to install
(Installation kits are available)
- You can get any size you want
- Any thickness
- Any shape
- Any design, artwork, photo or logo can
be used for aluminum custom signs
- You can choose any color you want.
(Including a brushed gold or
- Aluminum signs can be one-sided
Sometimes, all you want is the bottom line!
Our online aluminum sign pricing tool instantly calculates the exact prices on custom aluminum signs, shows you quantity discounts, and even lets you compare this product to other metal sign alternatives!
And don't forget…at TheSignChef, shipping for aluminum signage and all other indoor and outdoor signs is free, and orders outside the state of South Carolina are tax-free!
We offer more colors for aluminum signs than anyone out there on the web!
You can now choose from ANY color under the sun when designing your new signage. You can even choose a reflective color!
Specialty aluminum finishes including brushed gold, mirror gold, brushed silver or mirror silver are available in a standard .040" aluminum thickness. If you'd like a thicker sign in these finishes, they are available in our Dibond sign material, which is made up of two aluminum sheets on either side of a solid plastic core.
Big or Small, We Do It All!
While most sign companies are setting limits to what size your aluminum sign can be, we are printing aluminum signs in every size imaginable!
Aluminum signage from TheSignChef comes in sizes up to 6' x 12' in a single, seamless sheet. This is the very largest, rigid, seamless sign panel available in the market today. If you need a sign that is larger than that, no worries! Just let us know, and we'll make sure to get you any size aluminum sign you need.
We custom cut more shapes for aluminum signs than any other sign company!
Unlike most sign companies who only make standard shaped metal signs, TheSignChef will cut your aluminum signage to ANY custom shape you desire! We cut uniquely shaped signs daily!
Pictured below are a few custom sign shapes to get your creative juices flowing. If you need an aluminum sign in an even more unique shape, just let us know. We'll make sure you get exactly the custom sign that you need!
Displaying aluminum signage is easy! We offer installation kits and accessories that will help you mount your new sign to wood, metal, stucco, brick masonry or concrete! If you choose to simply screw your Aluminum sign into the wall, we offer screw caps to hide exposed screw heads and give your sign a more professional or "finished" look.
We also offer a wide variety of A-Frames, also called Sandwich Boards, that make displaying your aluminum signage easy.
Or if you'd like to hang your aluminum metal sign, just let us know. We can drill holes to the top of your sign to simplify the hanging process!
"I just wanted to write and let you know that your website made it easy for me to design a sign, my final design draft was sent for my approval very quickly, and my sign shipped so fast and got here in plenty of time for my anniversary.
The whole process was pleasant and efficient, and your customer service is great. I will order from you in the future when I need another sign. Thanks again for your great service."
"Your company's ordering process was smooth, and we are very satisfied with the signs you produced for us.
I can say that I searched for our needs via the web for a few days before coming across your site. I found it very easy to understand what I was getting from you and all communication was excellent.
Again thank you for your time and product."
Frequently Asked Questions About Custom Aluminum Signs
"What are the most popular sizes for custom aluminum signs?"
Since real estate agents and contractors buy so many aluminum yard signs, one of the most common sizes is 18" height x 24" width. We stock real estate sign frames which accommodate a 24" height x 18" width aluminum sign panel as well.
But always keep in mind that aluminum sheeting can be easily cut to any "odd" size that meets your individual needs. Odd size pricing simply uses the next standard size up. (Standard aluminum sign sizes are found in our.)
Other popular sizes include:
• 2' height x 3' width
• 3' height x 2' width, and
• 2' height x 4' width.
The sizes above fit into a sturdy angle iron step stake for a convenient and portable display. But you should strongly consider upgrading the thickness of your custom aluminum signs for these larger size signs if you are in an area with seasonally high winds.
The thicker the aluminum, the less likely aluminum signs will buckle or be ripped from the bolts which attach the sign panel to its sign frame. Increasing the thickness of your custom aluminum sign from a standard .040" to a medium duty .063" or extra heavy duty .080" gauge aluminum will enhance the durability of your aluminum signs. Generally, the larger the aluminum sign you want, the thicker the metal material needs to be.
"Which aluminum sign material thickness is best for custom building signage?"
When buying custom aluminum signs to mount to a building, you can use .040" gauge aluminum for signs up to 2' x 4' in size. Technically, you can use .040" gauge aluminum for sizes all the way up to 4' x 10' provided you mount the metal flat against the wall with enough screws. The larger the sign panel size, the greater the tendency is to bend. As a result, large thin gauge aluminum signs can develop a wavy or rippled appearance when installed, especially on a corrugated metal building.
Therefore, when you want a bigger building sign, we recommend increasingly thicker gauges of aluminum with the optimum heavy duty thickness being .080" gauge aluminum. The next thickness down is .063" medium duty thickness. For smaller size signs (up to 2' x 4') even a modest increase to .063" gauge aluminum substantially increases the stiffness, appearance and rigidity of the metal sign panel.
"What is the recommended thickness for hanging aluminum signs?"
For exterior aluminum hanging signs, you can use .040" for sizes up to 18" x 24". Some people use this thinner .040" thickness for all the way up to 2' x 3' aluminum signs, but we don't recommend it. For sizes over 18" x 24", we recommend at least .063" thick aluminum signs. And for heavy duty applications for larger hanging signs like 2' x 4', 3' x 3' or 3' x 4', .080" gauge aluminum works best.
When in doubt, it's better to go too thick rather than too thin because the heaviest .080" gauge aluminum we stock is still less than 1/8" thick.
"What are some common uses for aluminum signs?"
Aluminum signs can be used in many places indoors or out. Most frequently they are hung on wall, both interior or exterior. This makes the flexibility of the sign a non-issue.
The following types of signs are commonly made from the aluminum sign panel:
"How quickly can I get my signs designed and shipped?"
Up-To-The-Minute Custom Aluminum Sign Production Update!
We still have a few spots OPEN in today's design schedule. So if you place your order today,our Art Department will e-mail you a proof tomorrow.
Wouldn’t you like to get this aluminum signage project off your plate so you can move on to other important tasks? You can design & order your custom aluminum sign now and instantly save 15%-30% at checkout, or call us now at 1-800-899-6272 and we’ll reserve your spot in today’s schedule for a sign proof.
"Are there other types of aluminum signs available?"
- Aluminum is a solid metal sign material with a baked on enamel finish. Aluminum signs are extremely durable in high traffic, wet and heavy equipment areas. Aluminum signage is available in three grades from standard .040" gauge for real estate yard signs, to medium duty, .063" gauge, and to heavy duty, .080" thick aluminum.
- Alumalite is a corrugated plastic sign with an aluminum sheet re-enforcing either side. Alumalite is a rigid sign panel that is a little easier to handle and install than the thicker, heavier ARMOUR-Wood signs. It doesn't have quite as much panel strength as ARMOUR-Wood, but is still a highly durable product rated for 10 years outdoors.
- Dibond is an aluminum sign with a solid plastic core. It is a lighter weight, rigid sign panel ideally suited for wall mounted signs, smaller post mounted signs and hanging signs. When you are looking for a product that is substantially stiffer than standard gauge aluminum signs, Dibond is a solid choice.
- ARMOUR-Wood is much stronger than traditional aluminum signs because it is reinforced with a wood shell. It is the strongest of all the rigid sign panels.
"Are custom aluminum signs suitable for installation between two posts?"
While you can install larger aluminum signs (like 6', 8' or 10' long) on or between posts, you have better options to choose from:
- ARMOUR-Wood is the strongest and most rigid exterior grade sign panel available with it's dense, ½ inch thick solid wood core
- Alumalite (½" thickness) has almost the same sign panel strength as ARMOUR-Wood making it a popular choice for larger signs. ½" Alumalite is the 2nd strongest sign material
- Alumalite (¼" thickness) is still a strong, highly rigid sign background material and is the 3rd strongest sign panel
- Dibond sign panels have 10 times more strength than .040" aluminum sheets. Dibond is not quite as stiff as Alumalite, but is still considered a rigid sign material making it the 4th highest in strength
On a scale of 1 to 10, with "10" having the highest relative strength, here's how each aluminum sign background material compares to one another:
"What is the life span for aluminum signs?"
The Aluminum material itself will outlast the artwork on your sign. Our uncoated Economy Grade Signs are rated for at least 3 years outdoors while our Premium Grade Signs coated with an optically clear, UV Protective Lamination are rated for a minimum of 5-8 Years outdoors. Aluminum signs can last for decades indoors.
"How do I know that my custom aluminum sign will turn out the way I want?"
Are you concerned that your custom aluminum sign may not turn out the way you want?
After all, we are probably hundreds of miles away from you, so how can you be certain your order will turn out right? Fortunately, it only takes seconds to transmit full-color custom aluminum sign designs from our computer to yours because e-mails travel so fast these days.
Upon order approval, here’s how the process works:
- First, your order goes straight to our Art Department
- Our graphic designer will then e-mail you a proof
(a “proof” is a picture of what your sign will look like)
- Once you review the layout, let us know if you would like to see any changes, and …
- If you have any changes, we will e-mail you proofs as needed until you’re completely happy with your design.
"Do you offer any buyer protection guarantees?"
Yes! Every aluminum sign order comes with a 100% Buyer Protection Guarantee
Sometimes, we make mistakes. We are only human after all. But it's how a business handles mistakes that counts, wouldn't you agree? So if we do happen to overlook something on your order, we will bend over backwards to make you happy. We stand behind our work with a 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee.
We will promptly replace any product that is defective in workmanship or that is different from what you approved. And for your trouble, you'll even get a very pleasant surprise gift.
"Is your website secure and credit card safe?"
Does the thought of buying custom aluminum signs online with a credit card leave you feeling a bit anxious?
Are you worried you might be taking an unnecessary risk? With all the bad press about credit card fraud and card numbers getting stolen by hackers, it's wise to proceed with caution. We can understand if you still have some personal concerns about the safety of your credit card information.
- Our system uses the latest 256-bit Encryption SSL technology as used by the banking industry, Walmart.com, Amazon.com and thousands of other online merchants
- SSL technology works by encrypting all your personal and credit card information so it can travel over the internet without being intercepted by thieves
- And as an added precaution, the moment you complete your aluminum sign order online and the charges are authorized by your credit card company, your credit card information is INSTANTLY DELETED from our database. It's the same as if you walked into our business, charged your order and then we SHREDDED your credit card receipt.