Aluminum Signs - The World's Most Versatile Sign Material
Sturdy and weatherproof aluminum signs are a great, lightweight, easily customizable way to advertise.
Your new signs can be readily produced in:
- Whatever Size you need (from pint-sized to MAMMOTH)
- Whatever Thickness fits your project (we can help you decide)
- Whatever Shape you want (only your imagination is the limit)
- Any Color under the rainbow (including PMS colors)
- Whatever Look or Style fits your business (we specialize in corporate branding)
- Wide selection of Finishes (some you might not even know about)
- And in any Quantity (even if it's just one!)
There is no reason to settle for a pre-made sign design when you can have a made-to-order sign exactly the way you want it.
Get pricing info or begin desinging now...
Custom Aluminum Metal Signs
Strong, lightweight, and among the most durable of all sign materials Aluminum is quite cost effective and remains in high demand for its unbeatable qualities.
With a perfectly smooth finish from the baked enamel it projects a first class image.
It can also be covered in reflective material like you see on many metal street signs.
Plus, it will never rot or deteriorate like a standard wooden sign.
Here are the key points to know about custom aluminum signs:
- Rigid yet flexible
- Rustproof, waterproof and chemically resistant
- Perfectly smooth
- Will last for decades indoors
- Rated to last up to 3 years outdoors with
uncoated Economy Grade Aluminum
- Rated to last up to 5 years outdoors with
coated Standard Grade Aluminum
- Rated to last 6-8 years outdoors with
coated Premium Grade Aluminum
- Easy to install
(Installation kits are available)
- You can get any size and shape
- Think and thick aluminum material available
- Any design, artwork, photo or logo can
be used for aluminum custom signs
- You can choose any color you want.
(Including gold or
silver backgrounds with brushed or mirror finishes)
- Aluminum signs can be one-sided
Sometimes, all you want is the bottom line!
Use the aluminum sign pricing tool to instantly calculate the prices, see quantity discounts, and even compare aluminum to other metal sign alternatives!
And don't forget…at TheSignChef, shipping for aluminum signage and all other indoor and outdoor signs is free, and orders outside the state of South Carolina are tax-free!
We offer more colors for than anyone out there on the web!
With full color printing you can now choose from ANY color under the sun when designing your new signage.
You can get an eye-catching design with our reflective colors and materials too.
Specialty finishes including brushed gold, mirror gold, brushed silver, or mirror silver are available in a standard .040" aluminum thickness. If you'd like a thicker sign in these finishes, they are available in our Dibond sign material, which is made up of two aluminum sheets on either side of a solid plastic core.
Big or Small, We Do It All!
While most sign companies are setting limits on sign sizes, we are printing metal signs in every size imaginable!
Rust proof aluminum comes in sizes up to 6' x 12' in a single, seamless sheet. This is the very largest, most rigid, seamless sign panel available on the market. If you need a sign larger than that, no worries! Let us know and we'll make you any size sign you need.
We cut more shapes for aluminum signs than any other sign company!
A lot of other sign companies only make standard shaped metal signs but we will cut your aluminum sign into ANY custom shape you desire! We cut out unique and interesting signs daily!
Pictured below are a few custom shapes to get your creative juices flowing. If you need an even more unique shape, just let us know. We'll make sure you get exactly the custom sign you need!
Displaying aluminum signage is easy! We've got installation kits and accessories that will help you mount your new sign to wood, metal, stucco, brick masonry or concrete!
If you choose to simply screw your Aluminum sign into the wall, we offer screw caps to hide exposed screw heads and give your sign a more professional or "finished" look.
We also offer a wide variety of A-Frames, also called Sandwich Boards, that make displaying your new sign easy.
If you'd like to hang your aluminum metal sign we can drill holes to the top of your sign to simplify the hanging process. We offer a number of decorative "s" hookstoo.
"I just wanted to write and let you know that your website made it easy for me to design a sign, my final design draft was sent for my approval very quickly, and my sign shipped so fast and got here in plenty of time for my anniversary.
The whole process was pleasant and efficient, and your customer service is great. I will order from you in the future when I need another sign. Thanks again for your great service."
"Your company's ordering process was smooth, and we are very satisfied with the signs you produced for us.
I can say that I searched for our needs via the web for a few days before coming across your site. I found it very easy to understand what I was getting from you and all communication was excellent.
Again thank you for your time and product."
Frequently Asked Questions About Custom Aluminum Signs
"What are the most popular sizes?"
Since real estate agents and contractors buy so many aluminum yard signs, one of the most common sizes is 18" height x 24" width. We stock real estate sign frames which accommodate a 24" height x 18" width aluminum sign panel as well.
Aluminum sheeting can be easily cut to any "odd" size that meets your individual needs. Odd size pricing simply uses the next standard size up. (Standard sizes are found in our Instant Pricing Calculator.)
- 2' height by 3' width
- 3' height by 2' width
- 2' height by 4' width
The sizes above fit into a sturdy angle iron step stake for a convenient and portable display. But you should strongly consider using a thicker gauge aluminum for these larger size signs if you are in an area with seasonally high winds.
The thicker the aluminum, the less likely it will buckle or be ripped from the bolts which attach the sign panel to its frame. Increasing the thickness from a standard .040" to a medium duty .063" or extra heavy duty .080" gauge will enhance the durability of your aluminum signs. Generally, the larger size you want, the thicker the metal material should to be.
"Which thickness gauge is best for aluminum building signs?"
When buying signs to mount to a building, you can use .040" gauge aluminum for signs up to 2' x 4' in size. Technically, you can use .040" gauge aluminum for sizes all the way up to 4' x 10' provided you mount the metal flat against the wall with enough screws but the larger the sign panel size, the greater the tendency is to bend. Large but thin aluminum signs can develop a wavy or rippled appearance when installed, especially on a corrugated metal building.
When you want big aluminum business signs we recommend thicker gauges of aluminum. The optimum heavy duty thickness is .080" gauge aluminum. The next down is .063" medium duty thickness. On a smaller size sign (up to 2' x 4') even a modest increase to .063" gauge greatly increases the appearance and rigidity of the metal sign panel.
"What is the recommended thickness for hanging signs?"
For exterior aluminum hanging signs you can use .040" for sizes up to 18" x 24". Some people use .040" thickness for all the way up to 2' x 3' aluminum signs, but we don't recommend it.
For sizes over 18" x 24", we recommend at least .063" thick aluminum signs.
And for heavy duty applications for larger hanging signs like 2' x 4', 3' x 3' or 3' x 4', .080" gauge aluminum works best.
It's better to go too thick rather than too thin because the heaviest .080" gauge aluminum we stock is still quite thin at less than 1/8" thick.
"What are some common uses for aluminum signs?"
You can use them in many places indoors or out. They are often hung on walls, either interior or exterior. This makes the flexibility of the sign a non-issue.
The following types of signs are commonly made from aluminum or metal panels:
"How quickly can I get my signs designed and shipped?"
Up-To-The-Minute Custom Aluminum Sign Production Update!
We still have a few spots OPEN in today's design schedule. So if you place your order today, our Art Department will e-mail you a proof tomorrow.
You can design & order your sign now or call us now at 1-800-899-6272 and we'll reserve your spot in today's schedule for a sign proof.
"Are there other types of aluminum signs available?"
- Alumalite is a corrugated plastic sign with an aluminum sheet re-enforcing either side.
- Dibond is an aluminum sign with a solid plastic core.
- ARMOUR-Wood is a solid plywood core permanently sealed with aluminum sheeting factory bonded to the surface.
"Are aluminum signs suitable for installation between two posts?"
While you can install larger aluminum signs (like 6', 8' or 10' long) on or between posts, you have better options to choose from:
- ARMOUR-Wood is the strongest and most rigid exterior grade sign panel available with it's dense, ½ inch thick solid wood core
- Dura-wood (½" thickness) has almost the same sign panel strength as ARMOUR-Wood making it a popular choice for larger signs. ½" Alumalite is the 2nd strongest sign material
- Alumalite (¼" thickness) is still a strong, highly rigid sign background material and is the 3rd strongest sign panel
- Dibond sign panels have 10 times more strength than .040" aluminum sheets. Dibond is not quite as stiff as Alumalite, but is still considered a rigid sign material making it the 4th highest in strength
On a scale of 1 to 10, with "10" having the highest relative strength, here's how each aluminum sign background material compares to one another:
"What is the life span for aluminum signs?"
The material itself will outlast the artwork on your sign. Our uncoated Economy Grade Signs are rated for at least 3 years outdoors while Premium Grade Signs coated with an optically clear, UV Protective Lamination are rated for a minimum of 5-8 Years outdoors. Aluminum signs can last for decades indoors.
"How do I know that my new custom sign will turn out the way I want?"
Your sign does not go into production until you have approved the design proof we send.
Upon order approval, here’s how the process works:
- Your order goes straight to our Art Department.
- Our graphic designer will then send you a picture of what your sign will look like.
- Once you review the layout, let us know if you would like to see any changes, and …
- If you have any changes, we will e-mail you proofs as needed until you’re completely happy with your design.
"Do you offer any buyer protection guarantees?"
Yes! Every sign order comes with a 100% Buyer Protection Guarantee
Sometimes, we make mistakes. We are only human after all. But it's how a business handles mistakes that counts, wouldn't you agree? So if we do happen to overlook something on your order, we will bend over backwards to make you happy. We stand behind our work with a 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee.
We will promptly replace any product that is defective in workmanship or that is different from what you approved. And for your trouble, you'll even get a very pleasant surprise gift.
"Is your website secure and credit card safe?"
Does the thought of buying customsigns online with a credit card leave you feeling a bit anxious?
Are you worried you might be taking an unnecessary risk? With all the bad press about credit card fraud and card numbers getting stolen by hackers, it's wise to proceed with caution. We can understand if you still have some personal concerns about the safety of your credit card information.
- Our system uses the latest 256-bit Encryption SSL technology as used by the banking industry, Walmart.com, Amazon.com and thousands of other online merchants
- SSL technology works by encrypting all your personal and credit card information so it can travel over the internet without being intercepted by thieves
- And as an added precaution, the moment you complete your order online and the charges are authorized by your credit card company, your credit card information is INSTANTLY DELETED from our database. It's the same as if you walked into our business, charged your order and then we SHREDDED your credit card receipt.