Metal Signs Give You the Option
to Create the Perfect Image or Message!
(Design it Yourself, Upload an File or Get Designs for FREE)
The rock hard, durable and professional finish of metal makes it the world's most versatile sign material.
Your new metal signs can be readily produced in:
- Whatever Size you need (from small to XLARGE)
- Whatever Thickness fits your project (we will help you decide)
- Whatever Shape you want (only your imagination is the limit)
- Any Color under the rainbow (including PMS colors)
- Whatever Look or Style fits your business (we specialize in corporate branding)
- Wide selection of Finishes (some you might not even know about)
- And in any Quantity (even if it's just one!)
You never have to settle for mass produced sizes or designs again because your new metal signage can now be quickly made to match the exact style and look you want!
If you're anxious to get started, you can start right now...
Do You Need Custom Metal Signage?
Do you even know what your options are?
Custom metal signs are strong, light-weight and among the most durable of all sign materials. Even with the steady price increases world wide in the raw cost of aluminum, this sign material is still quite cost effective and remains in high demand for its unbeatable qualities.
When you are looking for a perfectly smooth finish, custom metal signs project a first class image. Plus, custom metal signs can never rot or deteriorate like a standard wooden sign.
What are your options with metal signs?
The choices for your custom metal sign are broader (and more confusing) than ever. Once you know the strengths and weaknesses of each type of metal sign material available, you’ll be able to properly select the one best suited to your individual needs.
- Aluminum – A solid metal sign material with a baked on enamel finish. Aluminum signs are extremely durable in high traffic, wet and heavy equipment areas. Available in three grades from standard .040" gauge for real estate yard signs to medium duty, .063" gauge to heavy duty, .080" thickness material.
- Alumalite – is a corrugated plastic sign material that is re-enforced on both sides with rigid aluminum sign panels. Alumalite is a little easier to handle and install than the thicker, heavier ARMOUR-Wood signs. It doesn’t have quite as much panel strength as ARMOUR-Wood, but is still a highly durable product.
- Dibond – is a solid plastic sign that is re-enforced on both sides with rigid aluminum sign panels. Dibond is a lighter weight rigid sign panel ideally suited for wall mounted signs, smaller post mounted signs and hanging signs. Dibond is more rigid than regular aluminum signs, and is slightly less rigid than Alumalite. When you are looking for a product that is substantially stiffer than a standard gauge metal sign, Dibond is a solid choice.
- ARMOUR-Wood – is much stronger than traditional metal signs because it is reinforced with a wood shell and is the strongest of all the rigid sign panels.
What are the most common uses for custom metal signs?
Sometimes, all you want is the bottom line!
Our online metal sign pricing tool instantly calculates the exact prices on custom metal signs, shows you quantity discounts, and even lets you compare this product to other metal sign alternatives!
And don't forget…at TheSignChef, shipping for metal signage and all other indoor and outdoor signs is free, and orders outside the state of South Carolina are tax-free!
We offer more colors for metal signs than anyone out there on the web!
You can now choose from ANY color under the sun when designing your new signage. You can even choose a reflective color!
Specialty metal finishes including brushed gold, mirror gold, brushed silver or mirror silver are available in a standard .040" aluminum thickness. If you'd like a thicker sign in these finishes, they are available in our Dibond sign material, which is made up of two aluminum sheets on either side of a solid plastic core.
Big or Small, We Do It All!
While most sign companies are setting limits to what size your metal sign can be, we are printing metal signs in every size imaginable!
Metal signage from TheSignChef comes in sizes up to 6' x 12' in a single, seamless sheet. This is the very largest, rigid, seamless sign panel available in the market today. If you need a sign that is larger than that, no worries! Just let us know, and we'll make sure to get you any size metal sign you need.
We custom cut more shapes for metal signs than any other sign company!
Unlike most sign companies who only make standard shaped metal signs, TheSignChef will cut your metal signage to ANY custom shape you desire! We cut uniquely shaped signs daily!
Pictured below are a few custom sign shapes to get your creative juices flowing. If you need a metal sign in an even more unique shape, just let us know. We'll make sure you get exactly the custom sign that you need!
Displaying metal signage is easy! We offer installation kits and accessories that will help you mount your new sign to wood, metal, stucco, brick masonry or concrete! Or if you'd like to hang your metal sign, just let us know. We can drill holes to the top of your sign to simplify the hanging process!
"I just wanted to write and let you know that your website made it easy for me to design a sign, my final design draft was sent for my approval very quickly, and my sign shipped so fast and got here in plenty of time for my anniversary.
The whole process was pleasant and efficient, and your customer service is great. I will order from you in the future when I need another sign. Thanks again for your great service."
"At first I thought that I would never be able to decide which sign material to go with but then I called and Tim helped me choose which one was best for me.
I did not know that there were so many different types of metal sign materials! Thank you so much for all of your helpful information."
Until next time,
Frequently Asked Questions About Custom Metal Signs
"What are the most popular sizes for custom metal signs?"
Since real estate agents and contractors buy so many custom metal signs, one of the most common sizes is 18” height x 24” width. We also stock real estate sign frames which accommodate a 24” height x 18” width aluminum metal sign panel as well.
Keep in mind though that metal sheeting can be easily cut to any “odd” size to meet your individual needs. Odd size pricing just uses the next standard size up.
Other popular sizes include:
• 2’ height x 3’ width
• 3’ height x 2’ width, and
• 2’ height x 4’ width.
The sizes above can also fit into a sturdy angle iron step stake for a convenient and portable display. If you are in an area which has seasonally high winds, you should strongly consider upgrading the thickness of your custom metal signage for these larger size signs.
The thicker the metal, the less likely the sign panel will buckle or be ripped from the bolts which attach the sign panel to the sign frame. Increasing the thickness of your custom metal signs from a standard .040” to a medium duty .063” or extra heavy duty .080” gauge aluminum metal will enhance the durability of your custom metal signs. Generally, the larger the size metal sign you want, the thicker the metal material needs to be.
"What is the recommended thickness for custom metal signs?"
For exterior custom metal signs, you can use .040" for sizes up to 18" x 24". Some people use this thinner .040" thickness all the way up in size to 2' x 3', but we don't recommend it. For sizes over 18" x 24", we recommend at least .063" thickness custom metal signs. And for larger hanging signs like 2' x 4', 3' x 3' or 3' x 4', .080" gauge metal works best for these heavy duty applications.
When in doubt, it’s better to go too thick than too thin because the heaviest .080" gauge metal we stock is still less than 1/8" thick.
"Which custom metal sign material thickness is best for building signage?"
When buying custom metal signs to mount to a building, you can use .040" gauge aluminum for signs up to 2' x 4' in size. Technically, you can use .040" gauge aluminum for sizes all the way up to 4' x 10' provided you mount the metal flat against the a wall with enough screws. The larger the sign panel size though, the greater the tendency to bend. As a result, a large thin gauge metal sign can have a wavy or rippled appearance when installed, especially on a corrugated metal building.
Therefore, when you want a bigger building sign, we recommend increasingly thicker gauges of aluminum with the optimum heavy duty thickness being .080" gauge aluminum. The next thickness down is .063" medium duty thickness. On smaller size signs (up to 2' x 4') even a modest increase to .063" gauge aluminum substantially increases the stiffness, appearance and rigidity of the metal sign panel.
"Are custom metal signs suitable for installation between two posts?"
While you can install larger aluminum metal signs (for example, 6', 8' or 10' long aluminum signs) on or between posts, you have better options to choose from:
- ARMOUR-Wood is the strongest and most rigid exterior grade sign panel available with it’s dense, ½ inch thick solid wood core
- Alumalite (½” thickness) has almost the same sign panel strength as ARMOUR-Wood making it a popular choice for larger signs. ½” Alumalite is the 2nd strongest sign material
- Alumalite (¼” thickness) is still a strong, highly rigid sign background material and has the 3rd highest panel strength
- Dibond sign panels have 10 times more strength than .040” aluminum sheets. Dibond is not quite as stiff as Alumalite, but is still considered a rigid sign material making it #4 in strength
On a scale of 1 to 10, with “10” having the highest relative strength, here’s how each custom metal signs background material compares to one another:
"What is the life span of custom metal signs?"
The metal material itself will usually outlast the artwork on your sign. Our uncoated Economy Grade Signs are rated for at least 3 years outdoors while our Premium Grade Signs coated with an optically clear, UV Protective Lamination are rated for a minimum of 5-8 Years outdoors. Metal signs can last for decades indoors.
"How quickly can I get my signs designed and shipped?"
Up-To-The-Minute Custom Custom Metal Sign Production Update!
We still have a few spots OPEN in today's schedule. So if you place your order today, our Art Department will e-mail you a proof tomorrow.
Wouldn’t you prefer to get this metal sign project off your plate so you can move on to other important tasks? You can design & order your custom custom metal sign now and instantly save 15%-30% at checkout or call us now at 1-800-899-6272 and we’ll reserve your spot in today’s schedule for a proof.
"How do I know that my custom metal sign will turn out the way I want?"
Are you concerned that your custom metal sign may not turn out the way you want?
After all, we are probably hundreds of miles away from you so how can you be certain your order will turn out right? Fortunately, it only takes seconds to transmit full-color custom metal sign designs from our computer to yours because e-mails travel so fast these days.
Upon order approval, here’s how the process works:
- First, your order goes straight to the Art Department
- Our Graphic Designer will then e-mail you a proof
(a “proof” is a picture of what your sign will look like)
- Once you review the layout, let us know if you would like to see any changes, and …
- If you have any changes, we will e-mail you proofs as needed until you’re completely happy with your design.
"Do you offer any buyer protection guarantees?"
Yes! Every metal sign order comes with a 100% Buyer Protection Guarantee
Sometimes, we make mistakes. We are only human after all. But it's how a business handles mistakes that counts, wouldn't you agree? So if we do happen to overlook something on your order, we will bend over backwards to make you happy. We stand behind our work with a 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee.
We will promptly replace any product that is defective in workmanship or that is different from what you approved. And for your trouble, you'll even get a very pleasant surprise gift.
"Is your website secure and credit card safe?"
Does the thought of buying custom metal signs online with a credit card leave you feeling a bit anxious?
Are you worried you might be taking an unnecessary risk? With all the bad press about credit card fraud and card numbers getting stolen by hackers, it's wise to proceed with caution. We can understand if you still have some personal concerns about the safety of your credit card information.
- Our system uses the latest 256-bit Encryption SSL technology as used by the Banking Industry, Walmart.com, Amazon.com and thousands of other online merchants
- SSL technology works by encrypting all your personal and credit card information so it can travel over the internet without being intercepted by thieves
- And as an added precaution, the moment you complete your custom metal sign order online and the charges are authorized by your credit card company, your credit card information is INSTANTLY DELETED from our data-base. It's the same as if you walked into our business, charged your order and then we SHREDDED your credit card receipt.