Will the colors on my new signs perfectly match the colors displayed on my computer's monitor?
No, the colors can never be guaranteed to match perfectly and here's why …
Every single computer monitor displays colors differently because screen colors are completely dependent on the settings of each individual computer. Here are some the factors that add up to an unlimited number of colors variations:
- The colors displayed on the latest LCD computer screens are quite different from the colors displayed on older tube monitors
- Colors can vary dramatically between lower quality monitors and the more expensive, high quality monitors
- Each computer has color settings which can be configured to 16, 32, 64, 128, or 256 million colors
- Plus, there is an endless number of variations of brightness, contrast, frequency and temperature settings which are often adjusted by individual users to match their personal viewing preferences
- Then there's the quality of the video card in the computer itself. Lower quality "on board" video cards can display colors quite differently than higher end hardware.
- And last but not least, different computers have different operating systems like Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and OS X which affects the way colors are displayed.
Add in devices like iPhones and Blackberries with their own operating systems and viewing screens and the differences in color only multiplies.
You'll see the real difference between "light and ink" comparing the images below …
Computer monitors display colors by emitting light in RGB, (red, green & blue).
However, the inks used to print signs are CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow & black).
The combination of RGB light creates white, while the combination of CMYK inks creates black. Therefore, it is physically impossible for the sign industry's standard, 4-color printing process to precisely match colors as we see them on our monitors.
This is why corresponding colors look different when printed versus on your computer.
Here's another example to compare the differences …
We go the extra mile though to make sure your colors look as pleasing as possible!
For starters, Mike Adams is the foremost expert in the field of color management for the sign industry. Fortunately, we were able to contract Mike to fly in and calibrate (profile) our digital sign making equipment on-site, in order to provide our clients with the most accurate and vibrant colors possible.
That investment has proven to be exceedingly worthwhile because our clients have been consistently impressed with the image quality of their new signs, banners and vinyl graphics!
But the resources we have dedicated to color management doesn't stop there!
- Our designers are highly trained in proper color management procedures
- We utilize the sophisticated Adobe software suite with the optimal color settings
- The Art Department's monitors have been color calibrated to industry standards
- Our full-color, digital printing equipment is maintained daily for top performance
- Plus, we have developed a proprietary design approval system that allows you to instantly communicate your color preferences and specifications directly to the Art Department.
Yes, we take color very seriously and go to great lengths to produce every order to a pleasing color standard!
Do you need specific colors matched precisely?
For our clients who routinely need precise color matching services like advertising agencies or national companies, we are pleased to have the opportunity to meet your requirements.
In fact, we can send you a physical sample of the colors that are to be used in the production of your order for your final approval. So if your order requires precise color matching, we invite you to contact us directly at 1-800-899-6272 to discuss options and costs (starting as low as $20).
Or you can email your color specifications to email@example.com.
From all of here at TheSignChef.com, we thank you for your time and consideration!